Having Cervical and lumbar operations takes a toll on your body. The recovery process is also delicate in its own right. Should one not take care during the recovery process, he/she may cause more damage than good. An important fact to remember is that no one’s recovery process is similar to another. They will vary depending on a number of factors. They include:
- The patient’s pathological condition.
- Pre and post-op physical condition
- The patient’s general health condition
- The level of extensiveness and type Cervical and lumbar surgery method
- The physician/surgeon’s skill and expertise
- The individual’s ability to handle pain and the tedious recovery process.
At True Way Physical Therapy, we understand this. We aim to deliver quality service as you battle your way to recovery. We’ve put together a diverse team of experts to ensure your successful treatment.
By undertaking your therapy at our center.
The physical therapists in Port Chester, NY will help you manage pain following your surgery. This will make it easier for you to focus on regaining your strength. This will be the first step in your therapy regimen. The therapist will use the following to manage your pain:
- Ice bags on affected area
- Put you through certain movements and positions
- The use of electrical devices such as TENS units
They will also show you the dos and don’ts these techniques so that you can do them by yourself.
The physical therapists at True Way Physical Therapy will work with you to come up with a training program tailored to meet your needs. This program will take into consideration the specific surgery you went through, your body type, and your physical condition.
Exercise is a vital component of the recovery process after spine surgery. Exercises will help you eliminate fatigue and get you back to normal daily routine. Exercise will also help you avoid re-injury.
Visit our center in Port Chester, NY and get more information on post-Cervical and lumbar operation care.